January is a time for making changes and creating new plans for the year ahead.
1. Healthier Lifestyle – part of the Swap It, Don’t Stop It campaign the Australian Government are offering a free 12 week planner that includes short and long term goals and meal and exercise tips. For more info visit http://swapit.gov.au/
2. Great food tip for the week – Eat Eggs:
- They are quick, easy and versatile.
- Have the highest nutritional quality protein of all food sources.
- Contain 11 different vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B, vitamin b12, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K.
- A great source of omega-3 fats (the healthy fats), which can have significant benefits for the heart and blood vessels.
- Due to the variety of nutrients found in eggs, they are an ideal food to include in the diets of older adults.
- May help treat acne, as they lower the glycaemic load of the diet.
3. Do you have a green finger?
4. January is a:
- Great time to clean out the stuff you don't want from last year
- Write thank you notes
- Develop holiday snaps and catch up with friends
- Look out for good deals in the sales
- Clear out the fridge and restock
5. National Hat Day is on January 15th- will people you know wear a hat??
National Hat Day was created by a hat loving individual or group.
Wear a hat!
6. Do you have Triskaidekaphobia tomorrow is Friday the 13th are you lucky?