Successful ageing is partly to do with retirement planning and the ability to reorientate expectations and life goals.
Visit War Memorial Hospital for a free seminar on 5th March 2012:
The seminar covers a health checklist, men's shed , volunteering and exercise
Have a look here for more details: http://www.wmhw.org.au/wmhpress/
Tips for Men to Stay Healthy as they age:
- Have your blood pressure checked every 2 years
- Men over age 34 should have their cholesterol checked every 5 years
- People between ages 50 and 75 should be screened for colorectal cancer.
- Go to the dentist every year for an exam and cleaning
- If you have vision problems, continue to have an eye exam every 2 years
- You should receive a flu vaccine every year
- Check height and weight yearly.
JUNE 11-17: - Men's health Week - Get Involved - http://menshealthweek.org.au/