Dr Helena Popovic provides tips for switching on the brain, improving one's focus and memory recall.
Dr Helena Popovic worked with her father to improve his quality of life.
Among the list of activities Dr Popovic encouraged her father to join are:
- Playing darts
- Social Activities at a Men’s Shed - for more info on Men's sheds - http://mensshed.org/home/.aspx
- French lessons
- Swimming once or twice a week
- Attending the opera or ballet about once a month
The benefits of participating in challenging activities will :
• Strengthen the brain
• Improve focus
• Help with memory recall
• Give a sense of worth and well being
• Give a sense of purpose
• Provide a healthy brain
• Improve physically, socially and mentally” active life.
JewishCare's Aged Team recommends that you think of activities outside your comfort zone.
Why not take on Hula Hooping, Kite-Flying or Croquet?