11th-17th June is Australia’s first Skin Health Week in Victoria, their aim is the aim is to raise awareness of about skin conditions and No matter what age we are we all need to look after our skin!
Get your skin checked regularly:
• For new moles
• For suspicious looking spots
• Or for any changes in existing moles
Protect your skin by:
• Wearing clothing that covers your arms and legs
• Applying 30+, broad-spectrum sunscreen as directed every two hr
• Wearing a broad-brimmed hat that covers your face and neck
• Seeking shady spaces when spending a lot of time out doors
• Wearing wrap-around sunglasses
Remember that he sun is strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m so stay clear of highly exposed sun areas.
Check out the following Interactive display - click on age and gender to learn more about skin health information http://www.skincancer.asn.au/healthyskin/health.html
For more info about sun and skin care:
If you have any queries speak to your local GP or contact the SunSmart Infoline: (02) 9334 1761 an initiative by the Cancer Council