- raise awareness of the issues associated with the ageing of people with mental health problems
- identify the key policy and practice issues for both the Mental Health and Aged Care sectors
- make and strengthen connections across sectors
- showcase and promote best practice coordinated approaches to care and support
The program will run all day on Friday 2 November starting at 8:30am and ending at 4:00pm.
Panel Sessions include:
- Our Stories: The challenges and achievements of ageing and living with a mental health problem
- Showcasing Success: Working with older people who have mental health issues in community and residential aged care services. Sources of hope and inspiration fort older people with mental health issues. Key issues, barriers to change and what next.
Wesley Conference Centre
220 Pitt Street, Sydney
8:30am registration - 4:00pm
This event is for consumers and carers, mental health and aged care service providers and other stakeholders across the service system.
Please click here for more details and to register - http://mhcc.org.au/documents/Rotator/MH-OP-Forum%20FINAL.pdf