Thursday, 30 June 2016
War Memorial Hospital will be hosting a free Vision and Hearing Seminar on the 4th of July 2016.
This seminar will include:
· Information on common eye conditions and the latest treatments
· Hearing problems, use of aids, and free hearing assessments
When: Monday the 4th of July 2016
Venue: Day Centre, War Memorial Hospital, 125 Birrell St Waverley
Time: 10:00am to 12:30pm
For more Information and bookings contact Catriona Beaumont on 93690215 or
Image source: http://images.wisegeek.com/older-woman-touching-hearing-aid.jpg
Thursday, 9 June 2016
With winter now in full swing, many of us are exposed to an increased risk of illness.
Community Aged Services recommends that we all follow some simple steps to improve our health and wellbeing not only during the winter months but all year round!
Check out Top Tips for Winter Health by NSW Health to find some useful tips to improve our health and wellbeing so we have a better chance of keeping those nasty germs at bay.
- Keep well by using good hygiene practices (thorough hand washing, using hand sanitisers, keeping your home clean, discarding of tissues or other contaminated materials)
- Wait at least 24 hours after your fever resolves before you return to public activities so you do not infect others
- Get a local GP
- Enjoy a wide variety of nutritious foods from the five major food groups and aim to include 2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of vegetable in your diet each day
- Limit intake of foods containing saturated fat, added salt, added sugars and alcohol
- Keep hydrated - drink plenty of water
- Be active every day in as many ways you can