With over 160 staff and 500 volunteers JewishCare helps:
- The elderly to remain living in their own homes for as long as possible. JewishCare has funded care packages as well as JCare which is the most cost efficient way of sourcing private carers
- People with a disabilities or mental health issues to be active and connected members of the community
- Those who are vulnerable or in crisis to have a place to call to get help.
- Providing practical support
- Building social connections
- Providing information, advice and referral (FirstCall JewishCare) based on assessment and planning
- Supporting people to acquire skills that will help them to lead better lives
Also its physical position in the heart of our community will make more people aware of our presence and ensure people in need will know where to go for assistance.