Head to The Sydney Jewish Museum to check out some of the trends from the 1930s to today at the ‘Dressing Sydney Exhibition’.
The museum is closed on Tuesday the 25th of December and the 1st of January.
They are open Boxing Day Wednesday the 26th of December with free entry.
Visitor information http://www.sydneyjewishmuseum.com.au/Visitor-Info/default.aspx
BINA-Jewish Wisdom for Life have an upcoming ‘Summer Leaning Experience’ commencing on the 25th of December and runs for 6 days. http://www.bina.com.au/featured-classes/summer-learning-experience-2012
Steps to take over the holiday season:
Reach Out - Maybe you didn’t really make plans for the holidays—after all, if you’re lonely, then you probably waited for others to call or reach out to you. But if you’d really like to spend the days around the holidays with others, it’s not to late to do something about it. In other words, take a risk. Make a few phone calls. You might find that there are other people out there looking for some connection just as much as you are.
- Immerse yourself in an interest or hobby - Buy that new book you have always wanted or make plans to learn that new hobby you’ve always fancied or explore an interest that you have always wanted to follow. Immerse yourself in it and you will be amazed to see how quickly the time passes and how soon you will start to feel better about yourself.
- Take care of yourself. Do what you can to reduce your stress and connect with things and activities that you enjoy. Get plenty of rest, eat delicious and healthy foods, go to a museum or a movie, get a massage, take a bubble bath—do whatever feels safe and brings you comfort.
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hour service)
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467 (24 hour service)
- Mental Health Help Line Tel: 1800 011 511(24 hour line)
- MensLineTel: 1300 789 978 (24 hour service)
- BeyondBlue Info Line Tel: 1300 22 4636 (24 hour service)
- Relationships Australia: 02 9418 8800 or 1300 364 277