NSW Seniors Week is in its 55th year and will be held from Sunday 17 March - Sunday 24 March 2013.
The Seniors Week Event Program provides details of events held all over NSW so why not have a look at what is happening in your area?
So many of the events are free for seniors too.
The Aged Case Work Team just browsed through the Event Program and we were amazed by how many interesting things there are to do and see.
Our favourites are:
· NSW Police Band live in action at The Sydney Entertainment Centre forecourt
· Participate in the Park to Park Walk
· Comedy Debate: That Technology is Ruining our Lives!
· Yoga for Seniors
· Make waves at North Bondi’s free Surf Experience for beginners
Learn something new:
· Join in one of of the photography classes
· Attend the Seniors Big Day Out
· Skype’s the Limit! Learn how to use Skype
· Seniors Week Information Expo
· Participate in the following class, Young at Art
· How to Have the Holiday of a Lifetime workshop provides useful information about holiday destinations for seniors
· Sit under the stars at Grandparents Moon Night at Sydney Observatory
· Young at Heart film festival for seniors and their friends and relatives. Check out the program for a great selection of premieres, beloved classics and special events
Have a look at the event program - http://nswseniorsweek.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/264615/SW13_Event_Program.pdf
And check out the event highlights here - http://www.nswseniorsweek.com.au/events/event_highlights