With winter now in full swing, many of us are exposed to an increased risk of illness.
Community Aged Services recommends that we all follow some simple steps to improve our health and wellbeing not only during the winter months but all year round!
Check out Top Tips for Winter Health by NSW Health to find some useful tips to improve our health and wellbeing so we have a better chance of keeping those nasty germs at bay.
- Keep well by using good hygiene practices (thorough hand washing, using hand sanitisers, keeping your home clean, discarding of tissues or other contaminated materials)
- Wait at least 24 hours after your fever resolves before you return to public activities so you do not infect others
- Get a local GP
- Enjoy a wide variety of nutritious foods from the five major food groups and aim to include 2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of vegetable in your diet each day
- Limit intake of foods containing saturated fat, added salt, added sugars and alcohol
- Keep hydrated - drink plenty of water
- Be active every day in as many ways you can